Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change the resolution on a wallpaper into the size that will fit my laptop?

Say for example I see a wallpaper that is 1028x768. My laptop screen resolution is 1440x900.



What FREE programs can I use to change that wallpaper (without distorting the originality of the image) into one that can fit my laptop's resolution. I currently have Google Picasa and Windows Photo Gallery. Thanks.How do I change the resolution on a wallpaper into the size that will fit my laptop?
I would crop the image to the same scale or close to it then just accept the image with it cropped. I just use the good old stand by, Windows Paint. Actual super clear image is not all that important, especially on a laptop, you should be doing something when it is turned on, not staring at the wallpaper. Maybe a plugged in desktop, I would worry more, but not much more.



Wallpapers are a waste of resources in a laptop, it uses more power, more memory and slows down boot sequence. Same goes for screen savers. Heck, even my desktop, which is on basically 24/7 I have a black screen and no screen saver, I just have it hibernate and power down after a set time, except at 3 am every morning, it runs a virus scan and a clean-up.



Anyway, try a regular paint type program.How do I change the resolution on a wallpaper into the size that will fit my laptop?
Not the easiest but you can use paint.How do I change the resolution on a wallpaper into the size that will fit my laptop?
none work if you expand a picture it will get blurry or disorted.How do I change the resolution on a wallpaper into the size that will fit my laptop?
Just about anything. Even MS Paint could do it for ya.