Thursday, June 2, 2011

Aftermath of a virus... (I Cant change my desktop's wallpaper)?

My problem is that I cannot change my desktop's wallpaper...



When I started my computer up, my desktop's wallpaper changed and it said that I have a virus and I have to purchase an antivirus (which I did) now the virus is gone.

But the problem is when I right click my desktop and go to properties, i don't have a display tab (all it has now is the themes, appearance, and setting tabs) and now i cannot change my wallpaper.

I've tried system restore but i forgot to set-up my restore checkpoint, so I can't restore my computer to an earlier date.



Is there any way to get this feature of my computer back?

I've checked other forums and a video card program might have been deleted due to the virus, if anyone knows how to fix this please help me i really appreciate it.Aftermath of a virus... (I Cant change my desktop%26039;s wallpaper)?
download wphijack (Wallpaper Hijack Remover)



this will sort it out





yahoo wont let me post the link



so search for Wallpaper Hijack Remover



at majorgeeks dot comAftermath of a virus... (I Cant change my desktop%26039;s wallpaper)?
hum...

smells like Worm

a phuckin chit virus, no one antivirus can remove this type of virus, even Kaspersky or Norton, the only way to fix it IS

FORMAT



if u have a DVD Burner on your PC, do a backup of your most important files and format e reinstall the Windows, put your files back and have fun!



im my case, the virus blocked and deleted the Control panel and chaged the password of Administrator account.



Format, reinstall the Windows and have fun





Sorry for my bad english, but im mexicanAftermath of a virus... (I Cant change my desktop%26039;s wallpaper)?
**Solution 1:

The virus has not been completely removed, try using Avast! free home edition, let it update and do a boot time scan http://www.avast.com



Then run a scan with spybot search and destroy, let it update and full scan, delete anything thats there http://www.safer-networking.org



**Solution 2 (this is the most likely):

theres a problem in the registry .. go into regedit (start %26gt; run %26gt; regedit



Locate:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\

Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

Policies\System



and look for:

NoDispBackgroundPage

and

NoDispAppearancePage

and

NoDispScrSavPage



delete them all ...



reboot.



UNLIKE ABOVE .... DO NOT REFORMAT ... THERE IS NO NEED TO REFORMAT ... REMOVE THE ABOVE REGISTRY ENTRIES AND ALL WILL BE RESTORED



be sure to do virus scans also!!
  • Where to buy a certain duvet cover
  • of computer rental
  •